Gradient is the e-learning laboratory inside the GAST group, as a part of the Department of Telematic Engineering, at the Carlos III University of Madrid (Spain). Our main research area is educational technology. Our mission is to provide efficient tools and methods to improve education in as many aspects and as many forms as possible. In this page you will find information about our members, publications, applications, relevant conferences, journals, etc.
The laboratory members are university professors, research assistants and students. Our activities are divided into two main areas, teaching and research. The research portion organized around several projects. The laboratory has participated in multiple projects with different scope ranging from local to international. The laboratory has also experience in the coordination of these initiatives and is continuously pursuing new challenges in this area. Our collaborators include private companies, research institutions and universities from all over the world. The group has also a sustained publication activity as you may see in the list of publications.
Currently the laboratory participates in several projects mainly focussed in the following areas:
- Learning analytics
- Virtual and augmented reality
- MOOCs and SPOCs
- Multi-User 3D Virtual Environments for Learning
- Mixed reality
- Technology enhanced learning, intelligent tutors, adaptation of learning environment, computer supported collaborative learning, learning analytics and technology enhanced tutoring strategies
- New advanced learning scenarios
- Best practices in the area technology enhanced learning
- Ambient intelligence for learning
- Multi-sensory learning systems
- Mobile learning
- Semantic web for learning